Brooklyn Village is a unique opportunity in Charlotte’s history. Over a 10-year period, we will work with vendors to design, construct and operate nearly 2.3 million square feet of housing, office, retail and cultural facilities.
Minority, Woman-owned, and Small Business Enterprises (MWSBE) will find tremendous opportunity along with forward visibility and an adequate timeframe to strategically plan to achieve long-term personal and business goals. We are committed to racial and economic diversity for this project with a 35% MWSBE participation goal. Hundreds of millions of dollars are to be funneled directly into the minority and small business community, but only if you get involved. We hope you will.
To become certified as a MWSBE, we’ve included some resources below to become certified and become apprised of future opportunities. You may also register with us directly as an “interested party,” but please be aware that by registering with us on this website, you are not registering formally as a MWSBE certified vendor. That process is not managed by BK Partners.
Mecklenburg County will accept certifications from the following:
- City of Charlotte’s Charlotte Business Inclusion – Small Business Enterprise (SBE):
- NC Dept of Administration – Historically Underutilized Business (HUB):
- NC Department of Transportation – Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
How to Get Involved
If you are interested in getting involved with Brooklyn Village immediately, the following list is reflective of many, but not all, of the disciplines we will be seeking in the earliest stages of development. Please fill out the form below for consideration.
Be sure to pursue your MWSBE certification (see certification agencies above) and watch for future information as we align with consultants who will assist us with our participation goal.
- Real Estate
- Registered Architects
- Landscape Architects
- Public Relations
- General Contractors
- Skilled Trades
Where to Find Bid Opportunities
Interactive Purchasing System
North Carolina State Wide Opportunities
Other MWSBE Organizations
- Metrolina Minority Contractors Association
- Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Black Chamber of Commerce
- Latin American Chamber of Commerce Charlotte
- Carolinas Asian-American Chamber of Commerce